Robbery Preparation & Response - 2020
Recorded on May 14, 2020 — 2.0 hours
Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
“I cased that bank out for about two weeks before I decided to rob it.” Those words were spoken by a violent take-over robber who had carefully planned his crime with his accomplice. He, like so many others, had taken time to scout out the perfect spot and believed he would get away with it. He was wrong. What makes one location more favorable than another in the eyes of a robber? What can we do to deter robbers from choosing our office? This webinar will not only cover these topics, but also the basic life-saving steps employees should take to remain safe when faced with a bank robbery bandit. Every employee can play a role in prevention, and it is critical that all personnel are prepared and trained in the safest response methods. Additionally, we will examine recent cases and discuss the latest FBI statistics. Attendees will learn various methods used by these criminals, how their observations of the event can be critical, along with essential actions to take following a robbery. Employees of financial institutions must recognize the risk that exists but understand that knowledge and training are vital to surviving the event safely.
• Making your location more attractive to customers and less attractive to criminals
• Physical security measures to reduce your risk
• Safe opening procedures
• Considerations at closing time
• Examination of recent cases of robbery/kidnapping
• Protecting you, your employees, and your family
• Bank robbers: in their own words
• Responding to different types of robberies
• Latest robbery statistics
• The high cost of complacency
• Morning glory robberies
• Proven methods of prevention
• Are you putting yourself at risk?
• Habits that endanger
Questions and Answers