This two hour webinar will focus on the key points that banks need to be aware of relating to writing their own real estate evaluations to ensure they are written in compliance with the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines.
- Program Development - Discussion of items that should be considered when developing the evaluation portion of your valuation program
- Independence of the Evaluation Program - Discussion of the importance of independence in the evaluation program as well as suggestions for communication with the person performing the report
- Selecting a Qualified Evaluator - Discussion of items to consider when selecting the person to perform the evaluation
- When is an Evaluation Report Acceptable? - Discussion of when the use of an evaluation report is appropriate as well as items to consider when developing the evaluation report
- Minimum Evaluation Content - In-depth discussion of the minimum requirements of an evaluation report - this will include a focus on comparable selection and supporting the estimated market value given
- Validating an Existing Report - Discussion of items that could impact the current report's validity and how to support the use of an existing report or when to complete a new report
- Evaluation Compliance Review - Discussion of items to look for during the review process
This program focuses on current issues involving the evaluation development and writing process and contains information relevant to those who manage or are involved with the real estate valuation process within a bank. An in-depth discussion of the minimum requirements of an evaluation will be presented as well as a focus on how to support the estimated market value given. A reference manual will be included with resources and a sample evaluation report and review checklist.
Who Should Attend?
Members of the bank who are involved with the valuation program, as well as other members that will rely on evaluations will be interested in attending this program. In addition to any appraisal department member, this may include credit officers, loan officers, credit analysts, loan review officers, credit administration supervisors, and loan assistants.
Writing Compliant Real Estate Valuations Internally
Questions and Answers