Accounts for NRAs -- IRS rules have changedWith Deborah Crawford
- 1 Video
- 3 Downloads
- 2.0 hrs
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
Do you have a valid W-8BEN for your customers? Does it require a foreign TIN or date of birth? Do you have to withhold 30% if your W-8BEN does not have a foreign TIN or date of birth? IRS issues Notice 2017-46 with changes to taxpayer identification numbers and date of birth requirements for foreign recipients.
What you will learn and review:
- New W-8BEN and W-8BENE requirements for nonresident aliens
- When is a W-8BEN valid and certified
- What do we report on a 1042S?
- When do we withhold for nonresident aliens?
- Types of identification for nonresident aliens
- CIP, CDD and Risk rating nonresident aliens for BSA requirements
- And much much more…-
very good and informative - cpopow
It was a lot of information. I will need to review the slides. - BarbK
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 27+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.