Personal Bankers must know all of the customer service skills of an employee who interacts with customers, but also must know about the compliance regulations for handling new business. Want to indoctrinate or remind your personal bankers of what it means to cover ALL the basics? This job demands compliance, proper procedure, detail, customer engagement and follow up. Honey Shelton and Deborah Crawford have teamed up to bring you the new accounts webinar you have been waiting for! Our focus in this highly engaging webinar will be the key components required to fulfilling the basic responsibilities of a personal banker.
It is essential that all staff that open new accounts understand this position is under two potential threats at all times - the threat of rip-off from a thief that wants to get an account open for illegal means and the threat of missed opportunities to tighten up the relationship between the bank and the customer.
You will discover how to manage the image and impression you make on the customer plus you will learn all the factors that must weigh in when you open a new account. The job of personal banker calls for proper procedures and meeting regulatory expectations that require doing it right, every time, all the time.
This program will put you on high alert regarding the what, the how and the why regarding your role as a Personal Banker.
What You Will Learn:
- Acing the Job of Exceptional Customer Service
- Impression Management: On the Phone or Face-to-Face: You Must Knock it Out of the Park
- Set the Stage for Success
- Asking Key Questions
- How to Engage the Customers
- Preventing New Account Fraud: What to Look for
- Types of Identification and Types of Social Security Numbers
- Understanding the Signature Card and Account Agreement
- Knowing Your Job as Withholding Agent--W-9 and W-8BEN Usage
- Customer Identification Programs and Customer Due Diligence
- Basic Disclosures and the Purpose Behind those Disclosures
The Job of the Personal Banker - Covering the Basics