HMDA Check Up – Laying the Groundwork for January 2018With Kathleen Blanchard
- 1 Video
- 9 Downloads
- 2.0 hrs
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
Whether you are just getting started on your HMDA 2018 preparations or want a refresher on important HMDA foundational concepts to resolve your questions, this webinar will meet your needs.
There are a lot of rumors flying around on demographic data, the new 1003, and other things "HMDA". Get the real information with the reference documents and citations to back up the requirements.
This webinar will set you straight by covering:
- Coverage - what makes a HMDA reporter - misunderstandings will be cleared up. Coverage goes beyond loans with a HMDA purpose secured by a dwelling.
- Volume thresholds - make sure you counted correctly and understand recent clarifications
- Credit decisions - who reports
- Demographic data - What is the real deal on collecting demographic data (GMI) and how to report - ignore the rumors and know the rules including recent changes to Regulation B - get the actual requirements with citations so you can be certain what to do
- How to transfer demographic data provided by applicants to the LAR - what the financial institution can and cannot do.
- What has to be collected for Regulation B when HMDA does not apply
- Revised URLA (1003) - what is the story and does it affect HMDA
- Application date vs action date - what controls when to report the revised HMDA data?
- Submission process for 2017 - be ready
- LAR for 2018
- Extensions of credit - what is and what isn't an extension of credit for HMDA
- Excluded transactions - what's new in the revised rule
- What does the merger exclusion actually mean? This is often a puzzler.
- Dwelling types - there is a lot new here from newly excluded dwellings to entirely new dwelling types.
- Plus lots of other important information that you need to know.
Kathleen Blanchard has over 32 years of experience in banking. She has developed lending and regulatory processes as a banker and consultant and presents detailed regulatory training that is very process specific. Her banking background includes commercial and private banking lending, credit review, credit policy and procedures, risk management and regulatory compliance at both community, regional and large international banks.
Kathleen has been providing training and consulting services for banks, credit unions and non-bank lenders on their regulatory compliance processes, HMDA and CRA reporting, process development and training since 2006. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a BOL Guru for BankersOnline.com. Kathleen presents her views and advice on HMDA and CRA and other regulatory matters at her website, www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com
Since 2015, Kathleen has been delivering in depth regulatory compliance consulting and training via The HMDA Academy, a unique personalized combination of consulting, training and resources delivered online to assist financial institutions and vendors in learning and applying the revised HMDA process and rules going into effect in 2017 and 2018.