Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
We haven't seen changes like this to HMDA in many years.
The new HMDA rules are here, and it will take every moment of the time until the 1/1/2018 effective date to get it right. Get started on developing an understanding the new and changed definitions and coverage rules now. A great deal of work will be needed to end up in the right place on 1/1/2018 but it can be done with proper planning.
The new rules bring major changes in coverage, definitions, and many new reportable pieces of information and will present challenges in gathering and reporting data. It is important to start planning now because this is another major regulatory project.
Attend this BOL Learning Connect Webinar to find out what is needed to start planning now.
Understanding and implementing these new rules will take a formal project plan and strategy so that nothing is overlooked in the intricate details. There are more rules and definitions, and many are complex. This is not going to be a quick change of a few definitions.
- A new "coverage" rule that might allow some low volume lenders to stop reporting - but it is tricky
- New rules and definitions to know what has to be reported (much is brand new) - even the definition of dwelling is changing!
- Learning what NOT to report - changes here too
- Changes to the submission process
- A plan is needed to identify where the new (and complex) reportable information is housed and how it will be captured for inclusion in the HMDA LAR
- You'll be developing methods of automating manual processes, for those banks that have been manually keying LAR data or geocoding
- Plan to create brand new processes to gather, test and report all of this new data - it is no longer a job for one person - more lines with more data per line for even the smallest reporting institutions
- Develop strategies to ensure data integrity - systems can't do this for you
This program will provide details on the larger aspects of the new HMDA, and provide ideas on what needs to be done to carry out this mission!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This webinar is intended for compliance officers, loan operations, audit, and anyone who will have a role in development and implementation of what will be a critical project plan for financial institutions of all types.
Implementing the new HMDA will be a group effort - Compliance, Lending, Loan Operations, Audit, Vendors - everyone will have a role in the development and implementation phases, and in keeping the HMDA engine on the tracks once 1/1/2018 comes around!
Heading in the Right Direction with the New HMDA
Data Points - Consumer Loans and Lines
Data Points - Business and Commercial Purpose Loans
Questions and Answers