Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
Software, including the CFPB platform edits, can identify many errors. However, those are not the only errors that can occur. Many HMDA fields, and data in your loan operating system that drives those fields, are dependent upon human decisions. The wrong decisions can trigger a resubmission even though your LAR tested with no validity edits and all quality edits were cleared. The error threshold for resubmission is quite low, so a good understanding of that process is important. We will look at the process and provide the references that you can keep available.
Questions arise about loan purpose, property types, mixed-use properties, occupancy, demographics, DTI and income when guarantors were relied upon, etc. These are all topics that, if not fully understood can result in errors identified in audits and examinations. Human decisions drive these topics; there are no validity or quality edits that can identify an error.
This two hour webinar will go into detail on these topics to fully prepare financial institution staff for accurate reporting. You will come away with a stronger understanding of these HMDA issues that can vary case by case.
What you will learn:
This webinar will cover, among other topics,
- What triggers a resubmission and where are the rules,
- Loan purpose decisions,
- Details regarding property types,
- Mixed-use property rules, including home improvement
- Occupancy – understanding the rules,
- Demographics – including what to do when the information is missing, which applicants to include, etc.,
- Guarantors – how to handle when their information was relied upon,
- Credit score reporting – missing scores, co-applicants, etc.
- And more!
Whose should attend this webinar:
This training will prove valuable for compliance and quality control staff, lending staff that makes initial decisions, and auditors who must audit HMDA data, as well as managers who want an understanding of knowledge needed by employees.
Questions and Answers