HMDA - Soup to Nuts - 2016With David Dickinson
- 1 Video
- 3 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
HMDA is known to be the most difficult lending regulation to understand and with which to comply. Unfortunately, the error tolerances are as low as 5% and many banks suffer Civil Money Penalties for submitting inaccurate HMDA data. Additionally, the Dodd-Frank Act adds more HMDA data requirements and the CFPB has made it very well known that data must be accurate, so an understanding of the requirements is essential. Participants will receive a detailed training outline that will serve as a resource guide long after the program is completed.
This two-hour training focuses on:
- HMDA: What's it all about? The background and purpose.
- Who HMDA applies to? Institutions covered by HMDA.
- Which loans are and are not HMDA reportable;
- Common violations;
- HMDA's information gathering, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- What HMDA applies to? Applications covered by HMDA.
- What HMDA does not apply to? The exemptions with lots of examples.
- Proper completion of the LAR: The 17 items that must be collected and completed for each entry.
- Key Definitions
- Temporary financing - clarification and examples to this confusing area.
- Refinancing - when it applies and when it does not.
- Reporting lines of credit - or not.
- Pre-approvals vs. pre-qualifications
- Pre-approval examples
- Multiple properties - Which to report?
- Public notices
- Modified Loan Application Registers
- Mortgage Loan Disclosure Statements
- Resources, tools and quick reference guides
- The 2017 & 2018 Institutional coverage/exemption requirements
- An overview of the 2018 transactional coverage and exemptions.
The training materials provided with this webinar have been updated to include many Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) obtained from both the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB).
Who Should Attend:
The program is designed for loan department management, compliance officers, and auditors. Whether you are new to the requirements of HMDA or a seasoned veteran, this program provides the tools needed to prepare your HMDA data for submission.
David’s banking career began as a field examiner for the FDIC in 1990. He later became a Loan Officer for a small bank. In 1993, he established Banker’s Compliance Consulting. Along with his amazingly talented Team, he has written numerous compliance articles for prestigious banking publications and has developed compliance seminars that Banker’s Compliance Consulting produces.
He is an expert in compliance regulations. He is also a motivational speaker and innovative educator. His quick wit and sense of humor transforms the usually tiring topic of compliance into an enjoyable educational experience. David is on the faculty of the Center for Financial Training, the American Bankers Association National Compliance Schools and is a frequent speaker at the ABA’s Regulatory Compliance Conference. David is also a trainer for hundreds of webinars, is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and has been a BankersOnline Guru for many years. The American Bankers Association honored David with their Distinguished Service Award in 2016.
David and his wife Karen have 3 adult children (none of whom live at home!) & 3 cats (which Dave is allergic to). They live on a lake in Nebraska and when possible, Dave can be found fishing or in the water. David plays the guitar & piano and enjoys singing with Karen. Together they lead worship at their church.