Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
Understanding HMDA reporting requirements has always been a challenge. Beginning in 2018, the rules become even more complex, making an in depth understanding of what is required even more critical. Don't wait until you are sitting down with loan files to begin to learn the rules.
In this webinar, we will focus on reportable transactions and the rules for extensions of credit under both the existing and revised HMDA rules, comparing them, pointing out the differences and explaining the requirements. Before you begin to amass the wealth of information required to be reported for HMDA, make sure you have a HMDA reportable transaction! Don't waste time and then find out the data was not needed.
This webinar will address determining if a transaction belongs on your HMDA LAR. There is no point in gathering information on loans or lines only to find out the transaction was not HMDA reportable.
Transactions must be:
- Dwelling secured (caveat: land loans special requirement),
- HMDA purpose (any purpose for consumer purpose loans and lines),
- Not an excluded transaction, and
- An extension of credit as defined by HMDA.
Regarding extensions of credit, we will discuss:
- Open end and closed end extensions of credit under HMDA
- Assumptions, including successors in interest
- Land contracts/lease purchase arrangements
- MECAs/CEMAs/other modifications
- Temporary financing
Don't miss this webinar that will leave you with a firm understanding of the rules regarding reportable extensions of credit for current and revised HMDA rules. Attendees of this webinar will:
- Gain confidence in HMDA reporting
- Learn to Identify what is an extension of credit for HMDA
- Receive tips to streamline HMDA processes and eliminate confusion
- Avoid costly errors that cause resubmissions
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Anyone who needs to understand HMDA reporting rules - Compliance Officers, Auditors, Quality Assurance staff, Examiners, and lending and loan operations staff responsible for the HMDA LAR.
Extensions of Credit and the Bigger HMDA Picture
Questions and Answers