Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
This program identifies 20 errors that financial institutions make before, during and after an internal fraud incident. These mistakes can result in lawsuits against the institution, board of directors and the staff conducting the investigation. The resulting negative publicity after a failed investigation can damage your public image for years. This program will help any institution update their present procedures or identify areas they have to review before an incident occurs.Attendees will know if their institution has the right people to conduct an internal fraud investigation or need to retain a professional from outside the organization.
What you will learn:
- Know the educational resources available to you for internal fraud
- Know the reasons setting the tone at the top are so important
- Learn about the fraud triangle and how it relates to your financial institution
- Why, training your staff on the warning signs of internal fraud is essential in mitigating losses
- Management that is uneducated on internal fraud can increase your total losses
- Who should be involved in investigating an embezzlement
- Learn the need for an action plan and what it should involve before an embezzlement
- How to establish lifelines to staff so internal embezzlement concerns are reported
- Know how to review the background of the investigator or firm you are retaining to conduct an embezzlement investigation
- The need to review that the investigator is staying current in training
- The ability to cross silos(departments) is imperative for a proper internal fraud investigation
- Establishing quality control for an internal fraud investigation
- Know how to handle staff’s questions after the incident
Who Should Attend: Risk Management, Internal Auditors, Human Resources, Security Officers anyone who is handling internal fraud protocols!
Questions and Answers