Live Webinar - ACH 101: A Primer for Every Bank Employee - February 27, 2020
1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Central Time | With Rayleen Pirnie
- 2 Multimedia
- 2.0 hrs
This course delves into the basics of the ACH Network. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to navigate the 2020 ACH Rules book
- Identify ACH participants and their responsibilities
- Understand the ACH Network transaction flows and related required components such as authorizations
- Identify their bank’s participation, liability and warranties
- Record how to identify new and upcoming Rules
NOTE: Attendees should have access to a copy of the 2020 Nacha Operating Rules and Guidelines for this course. Attendees will have the opportunity to tag sections, highlight important Rules changes, and more.
If you do not currently have a 2020 Nacha Operating Rules and Guidelines book, you can purchase one:
- Through your bank’s Regional Payments Association (if applicable)
- Order through Nacha at www.nacha.org
- Nacha and the Regional Payments Associations
- Processes and flow of credits and debits
- Exceptions and Notifications of Change
- Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit
- Consumer and Corporate
- Trace Numbers
- When is a bank an ODFI?
- Warranties and liabilities of each network participant
- Navigating the ACH Rules book
- Locate specific articles, sections and subsections
- Identify new and future Rules changes
- Document difference between new Rules process and updated definitions
- Standard Entry Class Codes
- Primer of applicable Rules and laws, including government benefit payments
- Audits and Risk Assessments
- Rules Enforcement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This informative session is designed as an introduction to the ACH Network and Rules. Any staff member new to this environment will benefit, including Operations, Branch Managers, Call Center personnel, Tellers, Customer Service representatives, Risk Managers, Compliance, Audit, Retail Managers, Trainers, Lenders, and Senior Management.
Rayleen is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized payments risk and fraud expert who offers specialized consulting services, procedural and risk management reviews, and payments education. Rayleen’s specialized skill is delving into the world beyond the payment rules; areas where organizations often find themselves in positions of liability or loss with little to no clear guidance. Her programs help organizations identify and mitigate risk and exposure from multiple disciplines. She is an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) and a Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP) who has worked with all payment systems for 20 years. Rayleen holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration.