UDAAP – Take Charge of Complaint ManagementWith Honey Shelton and Deborah Crawford
- 1 Video
- 3 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
What Your Frontline Doesn't
Know Can Hurt You!
The pressure is on for all customer contact personnel to identify and follow-through when a customer voices a complaint about a problem that could be construed or perceived as unfair, deceptive and/or abusive. This webinar speaks the language of the frontline and teaches them the what, when, how and why of compliance and why it is important in light of the concept of UDAAP (unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices).
It is a must that your branch personnel and the call center team stay alert and on the watch for responding, recording and follow through when a complaint is more than an inquiry or a simple remark. What is your solution? This program is designed and led by two of the country's most popular speakers who will provide the how-to on preparing your frontline to be on-point and well-advised regarding this hot topic. In addition, your staff will be reminded of behaviors that have no place on the frontline and that could be perceived as discrimination and poor customer service.
This webinar provides answers, suggestions and solutions, along with steps to take as the speakers walk your frontline through key definitions such as unfair, deceptive, abusive, act and practice. The program will create a channel of understanding in the way that true complaints should be resolved and reported inside your organization. If handled appropriately and with compassion, true complaints can help your compliance area identify problems and resolve them before the examiners arrive and avoid a filing at the CFPB.
Your frontline needs to know and will learn:
- How to avoid behavior that could be construed as discrimination or poor customer service
- What to look and listen for including how to differentiate between a complaint, a simple customer remark and an inquiry
- How to identify when a complaint may allege an act or practice that is unfair, deceptive or abusive
- How to respond when in the midst of a consumer's complaint?
- If a complaint is resolved at the frontline, should a complaint form still be forwarded to management?
- How to handle a staff member's concerns about what will happen if he or she is the only person filing complaints in his or her department?
- How to distinguish true complaints that require follow-up from inquiries or remarks
- Key words to look for to know whether a customer's statement is a complaint or an inquiry?
Who should attend?
If you have responsibility for leading and training the frontline you will want to be in this webinar. You will want all your staff including Tellers, New Accounts, Lenders, Call Center Personnel, and, Financial Service Representatives to have access to this highly informative learning opportunity.
Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 25 years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with First Victoria National Bank.
Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality has left her lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 27+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.