Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
Improve Your System:
Safe deposit vault burglaries and disasters like 9-11, Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Ike and Katrina, damaging tornados, devastating fires, raging floods and many other nationwide disasters have significantly impacted our safe deposit industry. Following these tragic events, numerous institutions were confronted with many difficult challenges, decisions and very large lawsuits.
Did you inherit the safe deposit area and then start wondering what liability might exist? Historically, this responsibility has been routinely passed from employee to employee with very little attention given to existing procedures or documentation. Unfortunately, only after a burglary, natural disaster or lawsuit occurs does management turn its attention to this area.
Whether you have 50 boxes or 5,000, this presentation provides a realistic and well-organized method of reviewing and auditing your procedures before a catastrophe occurs. Your speaker knows first-hand what to look for; from the most common errors to the not so common, but potentially costly mistakes. This presentation will help you review your own internal procedures.
- What happened to all the safe deposit boxes after fire destroyed several banks recently?
- What 15 steps must be taken when a flood fills your vault with contaminated water?
- Why did 1,300 box renters file a multi-million dollar safe deposit lawsuit after a fire?
- Why are many flooded safe deposit box disasters caused by defective plumbing?
- How can proper vault door closing procedures help you avoid overnight guests?
- What details about safe deposit burglaries have TV reporters covered recently?
- How can FDIC or NCUA signs, logos or brochures create safe deposit liability?
- Why should renters be provided with "No Insurance" disclosure forms?
- What ten questions will always be asked in any safe deposit lawsuit?
- How should employees be trained to answer consumer's questions?
- Why must phrases like "waterproof or fireproof" vault be avoided?
- Would your part-time attendant make a good courtroom witness?
- Why are self-service box renters now suing for millions?
Safe Deposit Liability Issues (2018 Update)
Webinar Q & A Document