Safe Deposit "The Do's and Don'ts"With Dave McGuinn
- 1 Video
- 2 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
The safe deposit operation is a unique, fast-changing service in the financial industry.
It is the only product or service in which members of your staff do not know the value of a consumer's assets. As a result, every vault transaction can lead to considerable liability. Effective procedures and sound daily practices can counteract and minimize this risk. <strong>This seminar covers the "nuts and bolts" and the recommended day-to-day operating procedures for your institution.
Obtain answers to these questions and more to establish you own internal procedures.
- Why should keys to all unrented boxes be secured in locking key wallets?
- Why should renters be provided with a "No Insurance" disclosure form?
- Who should handle the renter's key and container during a box access?
- What tools (purchased on ebay) can open a renter's safe deposit box?
- What ten items must be included in a "New Safe Deposit Renter's Kit"?
- What liability exists if access is allowed "before or after" lobby hours?
- What five types of identification are needed on every new box rental?
- Why must safe deposit keys be maintained under strict dual control?
- What ten steps must be followed when granting access to a box?
- What ten steps must be performed when a renter closes a box?
- What are the four most important key control procedures?
- What are the four different styles of box rental contracts?
David McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with over 45 years of safe deposit experience. He is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU.
In all 50 states he has trained over 350,000 safe deposit managers and personnel since 1969, and has served as President of the American Institute of Banking and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. All four organizations have presented him with their President's Award for his dedication to the financial industry.
Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association and the National Association of Federal Credit Union's TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Money Watch, Bottom Line Financial, Washington Post, New York Magazine, Associated Press, Money Magazine, AARP, National Public Radio, CUNA, FDIC, Court TV, CNN, CBS, ABC and NBC Nightly News on current safe deposit issues.
McGuinn has created numerous safe deposit operations, marketing, audit, security, disaster and compliance manuals, brochures, forms, training videos and Internet/audio training programs. His safe deposit products and training seminars are now recognized as the recommended standard for the financial industry. All of his safe deposit resource items can be reviewed at www.sdspec.com.