Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
- Why did numerous financial institutions get sued recently after drilling past due boxes?
- How does the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) apply to delinquent boxes?
- What would happen if all your unclaimed property was destroyed or disappeared?
- When are drilled box contents reported to your Unclaimed Property Department?
- Do you have any "Right of Offset" against a past due renter's deposit account?
- What seven past due fees should be collected from all delinquent box renters?
- What does the Unclaimed Property Department do with these box contents?
- Have there been any lawsuits caused by incorrect box drilling procedures?
- If cash is found in a drilled box can it be converted and mailed in a check?
- How do you handle dangerous or illegal contents found in a drilled box?
- Can you sell these box contents and recover your collection expenses?
- Who must be present when a past due box is drilled in most states?
- Can you report a past due box renter to a credit-reporting agency?
- What careful wording should be used in a FINAL past due notice?
- What should we do if money, guns or drugs are found in a box?
- What is the required retention period for drilled box records?
- Can you legally restrict box access to a delinquent renter?
- Must these boxes be drilled before reporting to the state?
- What should you do if you drill the wrong past due box?
Excellent - PJJJ20
very informative. Information was presented in an easily understood format - Safebox030118
There were multiple examples to help show the important of policies and procedures. - Dupaco
Safe Deposit Box Compliance - Handling Delinquent Boxes and Unclaimed Property
Questions and Answers