Safe deposit lawsuits: 25 lessons learnedWith Dave McGuinn
- 1 Video
- 2 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
Regardless of the size of your safe deposit operation, it is wise to proactively review and tweak your procedures to reduce the prospect of losses and claims. This presentation provides a realistic and well-organized method of reviewing your procedures before a lawsuit occurs. Your presenter knows firsthand what to look for, from the most common errors to the not so common, but costly, mistakes.
Most safe deposit box disappearance claims and lawsuits and the news media coverage that inevitably follows them are a direct result of insufficient employee training, incorrect box drilling and safekeeping procedures, unauthorized vault access, improper box relocations, vault burglaries, flooded vaults, sloppy record keeping and retention and offering the new self-service box concept.
This webinar will address:
- What terrible things can happen if you're leaving anyone in your vault alone
- Why numerous safe deposit disappearance claims occurred recently
- How poor "Box Relocation" procedures caused a $5.5 million lawsuit
- What thirty questions will always be asked in any safe deposit lawsuit
- Why an institution was sued for $30 million after an internal box theft
- Why sloppy box drilling procedures created a $4.5 million lawsuit
- The scary aspect of locksmith tools that will open boxes in seconds
- How the SCRA create significant liability when delinquent rent is collected
- Why several vault burglaries caught the attention of TV's "Inside Edition"
- What caused CBS to create three recent safe deposit television specials
- Why it's a BIG MISTAKE to leave a locksmith in your vault alone
- Why offering self-service boxes can cost you millions in losses
Who Should Attend?
This informative program is designed to update safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, cashiers, branch managers, compliance officers, auditors, training directors, security officers, new account personnel and your in-house legal counsel.
David McGuinn, President of Safe Deposit Specialists, is a former banker with over 45 years of safe deposit experience. He is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU.
In all 50 states he has trained over 350,000 safe deposit managers and personnel since 1969, and has served as President of the American Institute of Banking and the American, Texas and Houston Safe Deposit Associations. All four organizations have presented him with their President's Award for his dedication to the financial industry.
Dave is a featured speaker for the American Bankers Association and the National Association of Federal Credit Union's TV network and has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Money Watch, Bottom Line Financial, Washington Post, New York Magazine, Associated Press, Money Magazine, AARP, National Public Radio, CUNA, FDIC, Court TV, CNN, CBS, ABC and NBC Nightly News on current safe deposit issues.
McGuinn has created numerous safe deposit operations, marketing, audit, security, disaster and compliance manuals, brochures, forms, training videos and Internet/audio training programs. His safe deposit products and training seminars are now recognized as the recommended standard for the financial industry. All of his safe deposit resource items can be reviewed at www.sdspec.com.