Are your institution's safe deposit procedures good enough to protect the
institution from huge losses in lawsuits? Are your staff members insisting upon
sticking to proper procedures, or letting things slide in the name of "customer
Do your safe deposit controls reflect current
industry best practices? Dave McGuinn's update on Safe Deposit Liability Issues
will both grab your attention and give you the information you need to help your
institution avoid mistakes that can lead to huge losses in court.
Recently financial institutions have experienced large
disappearance claims and significant lawsuits which resulted in over $40,000,000
in nationwide claims and expensive litigations.
What did they do
wrong? Most of these disappearance claims and lawsuits are a direct result of
insufficient employee training, incorrect box drilling and safekeeping
procedures, unauthorized vault access, improper box relocations, flooded vaults,
sloppy record retention and the news media coverage that inevitably follows.
Regardless of the size of your safe deposit operation, this presentation
provides a realistic and well-organized method of reviewing your procedures
before a lawsuit occurs. Your presenter knows firsthand what to look for, from
the most common errors to the not so common, but costly mistakes. This program
will help you review specific and critical internal procedures.
you avoid these claims, lawsuits and media coverage? Review the following
questions. This seminar provides the answers and procedures to help reduce
- What terrible things could happen if you're leaving anyone in your vault alone?
- Why are numerous safe deposit disappearance claims occurring recently?
- How did granting a small favor create a $2,140,000 disappearance claim?
- How did poor "Box Relocation" procedures cause a $5,500,000 lawsuit?
- How could Hurricane Katrina create many lawsuits over six years later?
- What thirty questions will always be asked in any safe deposit lawsuit?
- Why was an institution sued for $30 million after an internal box theft?
- Why did sloppy box drilling procedures create a $4,500,000 lawsuit?
- Have you seen the locksmith tools that will open boxes in seconds?
- What made CBS create three recent safe deposit TV specials?
- Are you leaving anyone in your vault alone? "BIG MISTAKE!"
This informative program is designed to update
safe deposit supervisors, vault attendants, cashiers, branch managers,
compliance officers, auditors, training directors, security officers, new
account personnel and your in-house legal counsel.
"Over 40 Million Reasons" to Follow Proper Safe Deposit Procedures
Questions and Answers