Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
It's been another busy year for operations compliance. The Justice Department reversed course on enforcement of federal laws related to marijuana, revoking the Cole Memo. The Bureau finalized updates to its Prepaid Accounts rule and set an April 1, 2019, implementation date, and issued requests for information seeking feedback on its activities in a series dubbed "calls for evidence" by acting director Mulvaney. OFAC posted warnings about Venezuela's plans to issue a new digital currency. There were revisions to the Call Report. Plus, there were some significant BSA/AML penalties imposed; the usual collection of OFAC announcements of sanctions program and SDN List changes; OFAC violations and settlements; guidance from FinCEN; more emphasis on faster payments, including activation of Phase 3 of Same Day ACH. You implemented minor changes to Reg CC. We'll hit all the highlights during this fast review of the year's operations compliance issues, and tell you where to find more information on developments you may have missed during the year.
What's different that you need to be watching?
What do you now need to focus your attention on this year?
Find out about the changes that may have slipped through the cracks, or sit back in comfort, knowing that you've covered all the bases and are prepared to take on the coming year's inevitable challenges as the compliance environment continues to change.
Here are some of the things we'll cover in this fast-paced two-hour presentation:
- UDAP and UDAAP in the operations area - significant enforcement actions
- Latest developments on the Bureau's Prepaid Accounts rule
- Overdraft protection - very much still an issue.
- Regulatory emphasis on complaint policies and resolution - tweaks to make to what you're doing now
- The Justice Department's new stance on marijuana related businesses
- Third-party payment processors
- Operations-related changes to OCC's Comptroller's Handbook
- Promises of faster payments around the corner
- The Fed's changes to Reg CC - not even half a loaf
- Same-day ACH settlement
- BSA/AML developments
- Our annual "crystal ball" forecast
- and more
Annual OPERATIONS Compliance Recap - 2019
Questions and Answers