Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
This program is designed to help new account representatives understand the value and regulatory impact of each step in the new account process and the reasons behind the requirements.
Covered in this program:
- Customer Identification Programs-Documentary and Nondocumentary verification
- Customer Due Diligence-Questions we should ask customers and why
- Customer names and signatures
- Types of identification that are acceptable
- W-9 and W-8BEN status and certification
- State law and ownership of accounts
- Required disclosures
- Placing a new account hold
- Overdraft programs
- Red flags for identity theft
- Unlawful internet gambling
- Business accounts issues
- Titling of accounts and impact on IRS reporting
- Nonresident aliens
What you will receive:
Updated New Accounts Handbook with new Beneficial Ownership Form
Who Should Attend: New Accounts, Personal Bankers, Branch Managers, receptionists, call centers and anyone who talks to or helps a customer with a new deposit account.
20 Tasks of the New Account Interview
Questions and Answers