Live Webinar - Lending Compliance Update - December 12, 2018
With Jack Holzknecht
- 1 Survey
- 1 PDF
- 2.0 hrs
“Keeping up” is the most common training goal for compliance and lending personnel. Since the late 1960’s, the steady stream of new consumer laws and regulations has been continuously supplemented by revisions of previously issued regulations. Often, compliance errors occur simply because the lender was unaware of the change. 2018 was expected to bring a slowdown in the volume of compliance changes. The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA), which was advertised as reducing burden, will keep compliance personnel busy for months to come. And EGRRCPA was not the only change in the lending compliance arena this year. 2018 was also a big year for TRID and HMDA changes.
WHY? This two-hour webinar provides a quick update on numerous lending compliance topics in a single program; thereby saving the attendee's time and their institution’s money. The 300+ page manual serves as a handbook long after the program is completed. Attendees are able to:
- Understand recent changes; and
- Development a plan to implement pending changes.
The two-hour program covers developments within the last 12 months for the:
- Truth in Lending Act/ Regulation Z
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Protecting Tenants at Foreclosures Act"Appraisal Rules
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act,
- SAFE Act,
- And much more
Issues to be discussed include:
- Truth in Lending/Regulation Z
- TRID final rules (Mandatory compliance October 1, 2018)
- EGRRCPA amends rules for TRID, qualified mortgages, escrows, ability to repay, private education loans, and appraisals
- Semi-annual Daylight Savings Time adjustment
- Adjustment to annual thresholds
- HMDA/Regulation C
- Major EGRRCPA partial exemption
- ECOA/Regulation B
- Revised Uniform Residential Loan Application (1003).
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- EGRRCPA extends period of availability of foreclosure relief
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- EGRRCPA amends rules for identity fraud, security freezes, medical debt, and creates a rehab program for delinquent student loan borrowers.
- Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act
- EGRRCPA restores PTAFA
- SAFE Act
- EGRRCPA extends protection to certain MLOs
- Appraisal Rules
- EGRRCPA provides relief in rural areas
- Consent decrees from CFPB, DOJ and HUD
- And much more.
WHO? This program is designed for compliance officers, loan officers, auditors and others who are familiar with the basic requirements of the covered regulations.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 39 years. In Jack's 34 years as a trainer over 125,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in his live seminars and webinars. Jack's career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by several state bankers associations. He developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC and OTS for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association. He is also a "BOL Guru."