Alert! IRA Update for 2017-2018 Tax YearWith Deborah Crawford
- 1 Video
- 3 Downloads
- 2.0 hrs
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
It’s tax season and time to update your knowledge on IRAs for the 2017-2018 tax season. The Tax Bill may eliminate the Roth recharacterization and brings other changes to retirement plans. During this program we will review the four IRA products, movements on IRAs and the forms and reporting changes on the IRA accounts. This program is a must for IRA Administrators and Staff who need the latest on IRAs. Includes a 500+ IRA Handbook for the current tax year.
What you will learn and review:
- repeal of the rule allowing recharacterization of IRA contributions;
- an extended rollover period for rollover of plan loan offset amounts on QRPs;
- relief from the early withdrawal tax for “qualified 2016 disaster distributions”;
- Update on ABLE changes
- Four IRA Products
- Rollovers and transfers
- Premature Distributions
- 70 ½ Distributions
- Inherited IRAs
- IRA Reporting changes
- Rollover form to self-certify the extension of the 60 days
- What to do if the bank fails and the customer has an inherited IRA or has already done one rollover
- End of the myRA program
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
New Accounts, Personal Bankers, Branch Administration, Deposit Operations, Training and IRA Personnel
The speaker is very knowledgeable of the material - FNBscotia
Eye opening. We have a lot of work to do on this annual notice portion.
It was clear and precise. Great training - jweaver
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 27+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.