In this special one-hour presentation, we will share an overview of the FDIC’s new Advertisement of Membership, False Advertising, Misrepresentation of Insured Status, and Misuse of the FDIC’s Name or Logo regulation.
Attendees will get answers to these, and other questions:
- Who is subject to the regulation?
- What are the important new terms in the regulation, and how are they defined?
- What actions are prohibited by the rule?
- What are some examples of false or misleading representations about deposit insurance?
- What is meant by “materially false or misleading representations”?
- What provisions does the rule make for inquiries and complaints?
- How will violations by OCC regulated or Federal Reserve member banks be handled?
- Are there allowances for informal resolution of improper acts under the rule?
- What happens if informal resolution attempts are unsuccessful?
- Can an FDIC order under this rule be appealed?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Deposit product managers, New accounts and other customer contact and operations personnel. Audit staff