ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
Can you feel the heat? Fair Lending has been moved up to the "front-burner." CFPB's Director Richard Cordray stated in his introductory remarks to the 2014 Fair Lending Report that "...we are working to remove the unnecessary obstacles too many Americans face in the consumer financial marketplace. This includes ferreting out discrimination in credit markets, including the markets for home mortgages and auto lending." Failing to take proactive steps to pump-up your fair lending program might result in a serious burn.
Regardless of your financial institution’s size, location, market base or types of loan products, the CFPB’s 2014 Fair Lending Report should be required reading for every director, member of senior management, and, of course, compliance officer. This report could easily serve as a recipe for:
- Fortifying your compliance management program
- Cultivating an effective complaint management system
- Detecting current "hot spots"
- Avoiding becoming the next example of an "unnecessary obstacle"
This session will explain and provide guidance for:
- Establishing a reliable fair lending compliance management program
- Conducting fair lending risk assessments
- Managing fair lending "hot spots":
- LGBT community
- Auto lending
- Maternity leave
- Mortgage pricing
Who Should Attend:
The program is designed for both experienced and new compliance officers, auditors, risk managers, senior management, and directors
Fair Lending Hot Topics - Don't Get Burned!
Questions and Answers