Major risks lurk in areas that have not yet been identified. Seemingly harmless procedures can pose significant threats. For example, can you definitively answer the following questions?
- Just how many bank controlled demand deposit accounts (DDA) are on your books?
- How would you begin to identify these?
- Who is responsible for the controls and reconciliation of these accounts?
Failure to identify and adequately apply controls can leave a opening large enough for even the most inexperienced employee to drive a dump truck through.
This session will assist you in:
- Identifying covered accounts
- Evaluating the reliability, adequacy, and effectiveness of accounting, operating, and administrative controls
- Detecting potential fraud
- Developing workpapers
HOW TO: Auditing Bank Controlled DDAs
Questions and Answers