Live Webinar - CRA Success: Business and Ag Lending - December 3, 2019
1:30 - 3:30 p.m. Central Time | With Kathleen Blanchard
- 2 Multimedia
- 2.0 hrs
Small business and small farm lending is important to Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) success regardless of bank asset size: small bank, intermediate small or large bank. Identifying those loans and preparing the data for audits, examinations or your annual submission is a critical step toward CRA success.
We will review requirements and best practices, including:
- Identifying small business and small farm loans
- What loans to not for profits would be small business loans?
- Refinances, renewals, and modifications for CRA – are the rules the same as HMDA?
- Testing your geographic loan penetration
- What if your bank does not make small business or small farm loans?
- Understanding credit needs in your assessment area
- What is your inside ratio vs your outside ratio?
- What tracts are you lending in, what tracts are you not lending in and why not?
- Geocoding – should every bank geocode its loans?
- When would presenting consumer purpose loans be helpful in an examination?
- How to determine Gross Annual Revenue for small business and small farm loans
This webinar will be helpful for compliance officers, lenders, auditors, examiners – anyone who needs to understand the intricacies of small business and small farm loans for CRA success.
Kathleen Blanchard has over 32 years of experience in banking. She has developed lending and regulatory processes as a banker and consultant and presents detailed regulatory training that is very process specific. Her banking background includes commercial and private banking lending, credit review, credit policy and procedures, risk management and regulatory compliance at both community, regional and large international banks.
Kathleen has been providing training and consulting services for banks, credit unions and non-bank lenders on their regulatory compliance processes, HMDA and CRA reporting, process development and training since 2006. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a BOL Guru for BankersOnline.com. Kathleen presents her views and advice on HMDA and CRA and other regulatory matters at her website, www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com
Since 2015, Kathleen has been delivering in depth regulatory compliance consulting and training via The HMDA Academy, a unique personalized combination of consulting, training and resources delivered online to assist financial institutions and vendors in learning and applying the revised HMDA process and rules going into effect in 2017 and 2018.