To inform and advise your community bank about complying with CFPB rules and federal law, all attendees will receive copies of the Bureau's Supervisory Highlights and policy guidance, as well as additional supplementary materials.
On March 3rd, the Supreme Court held oral arguments to decide whether the CFPBs single-director structure was unconstitutional. In this webinar, we will discuss the potential ramifications of this case and what it may mean for your community bank. To highlight other looming legal and regulatory risks, we will explore recent and pending lawsuits and CFPB enforcement actions (24 of which were publically announced in 2019 alone).
Under the guidance of Kathy Kraninger, the CFPB's Director, the Bureau has continued to be a leader in setting regulatory priorities across the financial industry. This webinar will illuminate what, exactly, those regulatory priorities are, and will help your bank understand, implement, and comply with the CFPB priorities, rules, and federal regulations. We will examine the CFPB's latest semiannual report detailing the Bureau's unified agenda, which enables us to identify the topics and issues that are of critical importance to the Bureau right now; this includes: credit scores/reports; mortgage and fair lending; debt collection; mortgage servicing and advertising; money transfers; electronic payments; and more!
By reviewing the agency's 2019 focal points, we will identify areas of consumer financial protection that are likely to become final rules in the near future. For example, did you know that the CFPB is expected to publish rules related to time-barred debt disclosures this year? You will learn how each of these focal points affects your current UDAAP risk. Likewise, such identification will empower your bank to anticipate, and prepare for, expected changes.
We will, of course, take a deep dive into the key CFPB focal points that can affect your community bank. We will examine prepaid card developments, debt collection (including May 2019's proposed rules to govern the activities of collectors), and credit reporting issues, as well as mortgage topics. You will also receive guidance on topics such as credit repair; small-dollar loans; money transfers; credit disclosures; and, e-payments.
Likewise, we will look at current action on the Hill. In addition, we will talk about the 2020 Presidential Election and how a Democratic administration can impact the CFPB's Agenda in 2021 and beyond. Finally, we will cover whether your bank is required by regulation to register or submit information to the CFPB.
Join this forward-thinking discussion to discover what is on the CFPB's 2020 Agenda, determine what to expect in terms of regulatory and enforcement actions, and explore what these changes can mean for your community bank.
2020 CFPB Developments & Expectations
- Prepaid Card Developments
- UDAAP Update – Defining "Abusive"
- CFPB Regulatory Initiatives
- Joint Efforts with Other Regulatory Agencies
- Current & Expected Congressional Actions
- Potential Impact of 2020 Presidential Election on CFPB
CFPB Focus Areas in 2019
- Credit Scores & Reports
- Mortgage & Fair Lending
- Debt Collection – May 2019 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Regulation F, Rules to Govern Activities of Debt Collectors
- And Many More!
Current Enforcement & Litigation Trends
- Seila Law – Supreme Court Case (Oral Arguments: March 3, 2020)
- In Re Equitable Acceptance – CFPB refusal to stay investigations while Supreme Court considers constitutional challenge to agency structure
- Agency Enforcement Actions & Evaluating Your Comparable Risk
- Consumer Financial Protection Litigation
Compliance Requirements Your Bank Should Know About in 2020
- How to Prepare
- How to Impact Final Rules
- Mitigate UDAAP Risk
CFPB Regulatory Guidance & Compliance Resources
- Supervision & Examinations
- Supervisory Highlights & Policy Guidance
- Compliance Resources
- Debt Collection Concerns
- Credit Reporting Issues
- Mortgage Topics – HMDA, TRID, Additional Mortgage Origination, Mortgage Servicing, and Rural and underserved counties
- Other Topics – Prepaid, Payday Lending, Remittance Transfers, Credit Card Thresholds
- Relevant Registration & Submission Programs
Consumer Response Annual Report for 2019
CFPB Supervisory Highlights Winter 2020
Statement of Policy Regarding Prohibition on Abusive Acts or Practices
CFPB Interagency Statement on Loan Modifications for COVID19
Statement on Remittance Rule Exception
May 2020 Final Remittance Transfer Rule
Policy Statement on Credit Reporting Guidance During Pandemic
Questions and Answers
Please complete this course evaluation ...