Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
cTo inform and advise your bank about complying with CFPB rules and federal law, all attendees will receive copies of the Bureau's Supervisory Highlights and policy guidance, as well as additional supplementary materials.
Although President Trump vowed to cripple the CFPB by dismantling the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform & Consumer Protection Act, under the guidance of Kathy Kraninger, the recently appointed CFPB Director, the Bureau will continue to be a leader in setting regulatory priorities across the financial industry.
This webinar will illuminate what, exactly, those regulatory priorities are, and will help your bank understand, implement, and comply with the CFPB priorities, rules, and federal regulations. We will examine the CFPB's latest semiannual report (issued in February 2019) detailing the Bureau's unified agenda, which enables us to identify the topics and issues that are of critical importance to the Bureau right now. You will learn how each of the agenda items affects your current UDAAP risk.
We will also look at the February 2019 reauthorization of the Memorandum of Understanding between the CFPB and the FTC and the five key areas of cooperation the agencies will jointly focus on this year. By reviewing the agency's 2018 and 2019 studies and proposals, you will discover what areas of consumer financial protection are likely to become final rules in the near future. To highlight looming legal and regulatory risks, we will examine recent and pending enforcement actions and lawsuits.
Of course, we will also discuss debt collection and credit reporting issues, as well as mortgage topics, including developments in the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA); the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) rule; mortgage origination; mortgage servicing; and, rural and underserved counties. You will receive guidance on topics such as prepaid accounts; payday lending; remittance transfers; and credit card thresholds. Finally, we will cover whether your bank is required by regulation to register or submit information to the CFPB.
Join this forward-thinking discussion to discover what is on the CFPB's 2019 Agenda, determine what to expect in terms of regulatory and enforcement actions, and explore what these changes can mean for your bank.
- Overview of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform & Consumer Protection Act
- Milestones since 2011 Establishment
- CFPB Regulatory Guidance & Compliance Resources
- Supervision & Examinations
- Supervisory Highlights & Policy Guidance
- Compliance Resources
- Debt Collection Concerns
- Credit Reporting Issues
- Mortgage Topics – HMDA, TRID, Mortgage Origination, Mortgage Servicing, and Rural and Underserved Counties
- Other Topics – Prepaid Accounts, Payday Lending, Remittance Transfers, Credit Card Thresholds
- Relevant Registration & Submission Programs
- Recent CFPB Developments
- Semi-annual Report (February 2019)
- Agenda Items & Implications
- Rulemaking Proposals
- Timetable for New Rules
- 2019 Developments & Expectations
- Director Kraninger's Objectives
- Joint Efforts with Other Regulatory Agencies
- MOU Between FTC & CFPB & 5 Key Areas of Cooperation
- CFPB Priorities Over the Next Two Years
- Credit invisibility
- Review of the January 2018 Payday Lending Rule
- Expect: FDCPA rule
- Congressional Actions & Expectations
- Current Legal & Enforcement Action Risks
- Agency Enforcement Actions & Evaluating Your Comparable Risk
- Consumer Financial Protection Litigation
- Compliance Requirements Your Bank Should Know About in 2019
- How to Prepare
- How to Impact Final Rules
- Mitigating UDAAP Risk
- & Much, Much More!
Who Should Attend:
- Compliance Officers & Staff
- Risk Management Officers & Staff
- Executive Management Teams
- Retail Banking Management & Staff
- Operations Management & Staff
- Regulatory Officers
- Legal Teams
- Loan Officers & Lending Staff –Especially Consumer Lenders!
- Debt Collections Management & Staff
- Internal Audit Management & Staff
- Marketing Management & Staff
- Bank Trainers
Your webinar video will be available soon...
New CFPB Expectations: Compliance in 2019
Questions and Answers