Frontline BSA/AML TrainingWith Patricia Cashman
- 1 Video
- 3 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
ICB Credit: 2.5 CRCM
Each federal regulatory agency requires both initial and periodic BSA/AML training for all "appropriate personnel." While the term "appropriate personnel" encompasses almost all employees, officers, and directors, this session focuses on the first line of defense - the "frontline." Not only will we discuss the basic technical requirements, but we will also examine the reasoning behind the fact gathering that's required.
We will cover:
- Background and reason for BSA
- Obtaining the information required for CTR completion
- Obtaining information for other recordkeeping requirements, such as the amount of cash in a deposit, cash purchases of monetary instruments, etc.
- Compliance with your financial institution's CIP requirements
- Identifying and reporting unusual activity
- Sample scenarios with suggested prompts for additional information and how to document
Who Should Attend:
All front line personnel, tellers, platform personnel, training officers, compliance officers, BSA/AML officers, risk officers
Patricia Cashman is a partner in Cashman Compliance Solutions, LLC. She is responsible for consumer compliance reviews, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering reviews, and compliance and BSA training.
Patricia began her banking career in 1969. She has been the senior operations officer for three Dallas-Ft. Worth area community banks, an assistant examiner for the Texas Department of Banking and managed the compliance/internal audit division of TIB - The Independent BankersBank, one of the largest bankers' banks in the country.
Additionally, Patricia has spoken as a webcast/teleconference presenter for the American Bankers Association (ABA), BankersOnline (BOL) and the Center for Financial Training (CFT), taught a variety of compliance subjects for the Texas Bankers Association (TBA) and ABA at their respective Compliance Schools. She also serves as a BOL GURU and been a speaker/trainer for numerous banks and compliance organizations.