Have you completed this webinar? Please tell us what you think.
Community bank Retail Centers and Call Centers are often faced with handling consumer disputes of ACH debits; many situations aren’t covered in the ACH Rules book guidelines nor is there any clear direction from other resources. This session focuses on the most common disputes, and provides staff with a basic understanding of what is required to maintain compliance plus tips on handling these issues from both a frontline and Operations perspective. The course concludes with some real life “sticky situations” where attendees try their hand at solving the issue while balancing compliance obligations with customer service.
Excellent for someone new to these situations and as a refresher for those of us who have a few ACH battle wounds.
- Review common consumer sticky situations when handling ACH disputes, including areas where Regulation E and the ACH Rules don't align
- Document your institution's obligations and rights
- Realize how what you say or do can impact the situation
- Decide the appropriate course of action in given situations
- Balancing the ACH Rules with Regulation E
- State laws
- Sticky Situations – Updated for 2019!
- Stop Payments but the item has already posted
- Revoked Authorizations
- Tax Refund Fraud
- Unauthorized A2A
- Unauthorized P2P
- Recurring unauthorized debits
- Wrong amount
- Incomplete Transactions
- Bank liablity
- Documenting & reporting claims
- Case studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This informative session is designed for anyone in the institution responsible for managing ACH disputes, particularly Branch Managers, Call Center personnel, Tellers, Customer Service representatives, Risk Managers, Compliance, Audit, Retail Managers, Trainers, and Senior Management.
ACH Sticky Situations: Handling Consumer ACH Disputes
ODFI Liability Breach of Warranty
IRS Return Opt In
Questions and Answers
ACH Dispute Quiz